Taking creative nude photographs is not just about better techniques, a good model and great lighting. It requires a lot of thought as well.
A key part of the creative process is thinking about why you are capturing and image. Who will the viewer be? What are you trying to show them, or say to them?
Nude models are not inanimate objects. How do they want to be depicted?
The articles below discuss some of these ideas.
- But is it Fine Art Nude Photography?Separating the artistic from the erotic.
- Nude or Naked Portraits?Are these women nude or naked?
- The Concept – Take Better Photographs of NudesThinking about ‘why’ helps you take better photos
- The Nude in PhotographyHow the viewer sees the nude
- How To Take Better Nude PhotographsThe last thing you want to be as a creative photographer is normal
- Photographing Nudes – A Different Point of ViewThinking creatively sometimes simply means changing your view
- Erotica: Not nude?The Beauty of the Erotic in a Facebook World
- Nude Art or Erotic Art?Some simple definitions
- Future of Photography. Is the still photo a dying art?Is the democratization of the medium killing it?