How to Photograph Nudes (Creatively)
Photographing nudes is easy. You simply find a model, persuade them to strip off, find a location or hire a studio, light them, pose them, make sure they’ve got the right expression. Oh and make sure your camera is set up correctly, you’re using the right lens , Selling the pics is easy after that providing that they’ve signed a model release, they are in the right style and of course, not horizontal when the editor wants upright. Here’s a few tips gleaned from forty years experience to get you started.
- Scrap Yard Nude Glamour – Out TakesShooting nude glamour in a scrap yard. What could go wrong?
- Nude Photography CompositionThe human body is a difficult subject to fit into a composition
- Photography Modelling GuidePre shoot communication for models and photographers
- Writing With Light – Nude photography lightingHow to light the nude
- Creating The Scrap Yard Nudes CalendarLots of naked girls in a scrapyard. What could go wrong?
- How To Take Better Nude PhotographsThe last thing you want to be as a creative photographer is normal
- Glamour Nudes TipsGlamour nudes Getting published
- Lighting – Daylight or Artificial?More on how to light nudes
- What Camera Do I Need When Shooting Creative Nudes?I hate talking about gear but here’s some tips
- One Model – One LightHow to achieve simple dramatic lighting
- Photographing Location Nudes – WoodsIf you go down to the woods today – read this first
- Photographing Nudes on Location – Deserted BuildingsWatch your step but there’s some great photo opportunities
- Studio NudesA quick guide to shooting studio nudes
- Model Weather – The Hazards of Location PhotographySometimes the weather just doesn’t let up
Buy The Book or Just Download the Free Stuff
Creative Nude Photography shows you how to go beyond the norms of conventional glamour. The book contains sections on the concept, but is it art plus practical advice on finding models and camera techniques. The final section shows examples of creative nude projects
E book (PDF) £4.99 for a limited time
Want a hard copy to read? Printed edition available here
Want to know more?
Free Stuff & Discounts
Subscribe to my Newsletter and receive a free copy of Using Window Light to Photograph Nudes plus exclusive updates, free critiques and a discount on prints and books.