I am a freelance photographer, qualified photography tutor and writer. My work has been seen on hundreds of book covers, in numerous magazines and continues to sell as stock photography via Alamy and Arcangel. I have also been runner up in the Sunday Telegraph Photographer of the Year competition, winner of the Photography magazine cover girl competition (that’s my photograph – not me personally) and featured in many photo anthologies. My photographs are available as limited edition and art prints.
Viewfinders Limited Edition and Art Prints Portfolios (Opens in new tab)
I studied photography at the West Surrey College of Art and Design and have worked in the photographic industry for nearly 40 years. My career began as holiday camp photographer. Despite being the bottom of the ladder this was a great introduction to photographing people. It also taught me how to take in focus pictures in the gloom of a club (there was no autofocus in those days) when not totally sober .
I must have liked the dark as my next job was as colour printer in the days when making prints involved darkrooms and smelly, noxious, chemicals. Eventually I was allowed out into the light and trained in wedding and portrait photography. A lot of my first clients were dogs (I don’t mean ugly, although some were, I mean four legged pets with a tendency to bark and pee up the background).
Having served my apprenticeship I ran several portrait and commercial studios in the UK before starting my own business, Viewfinders Photography in the eighties. I photographed everything from motor cycle parts for catalogues, to the Archbishop of Canterbury and was one of the first photographers in the UK to specialise in Boudoir Photography. I now concentrate on editorial, portrait and fine art photography and am a qualified photography tutor. I am based in Norfolk UK.
Thinking About Art Photography
- Nude or Naked Portraits?
- The Concept – Take Better Photographs of Nudes
- The Nude in Photography
- Photographing Nudes – A Different Point of View
- Beyond Glamour Photography
- Nude Art or Erotic Art?
- Erotica: Not nude?
- Future of Photography. Is the still photo a dying art?
- But is it Fine Art Nude Photography?
- How To Take Better Nude Photographs
Photography – How to Photograph Nudes
- Nude Photography Composition
- What Camera Do I Need When Shooting Creative Nudes?
- Creating The Scrap Yard Nudes Calendar
- Photographing Nudes on Location – Deserted Buildings
- Studio Nudes
- Model Weather – The Hazards of Location Photography
- Photography Modelling Guide
- Photographing Location Nudes – Woods
- Lighting – Daylight or Artificial?
- One Model – One Light